Thursday, October 14, 2010

What fun it was to do this painting. I have been taking a color class and this was the one I was most excited about as I have never really mixed these colors with each other or really known what to do with them except use them straight out of the tube. I had a ball mixing and playing with them. Then to spontaneously draw a painting and to fill in the negative space with color was great fun. I may have found a way of doing abstract that is fun and fulfilling to me. I love the feel of the mysterious space in this painting. It has been a long time since I have really been excited about how I am painting what ever. This was fun painting and it felt very real and personal to me. I know all future paintings won't be easy and always successful but I feel I now have a technique to fall back on and play with. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Love the palette. Very harmonious to the eye. Exactly which colors?

    ReplyDelete