Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I was prompted by several events this week to go back to basics. That is my basics. I went out and pulled out some old paintings for inspiration and here was one that was not completed and I thought why have I not stayed with this painting. The reason is I got scared and this big hulking figure. I said to heck with it-trust that you needed to say something and do it. So I painted the figure green-it had been a mustard yellow and voila I love it. I look at it every chance I get as it reminds me that I need to be me and not be afraid of what comes out of the paint brush and my soul. This painting is very large so that is another thing I am going to do. Go back to large canvases. There is more freedom and room to play which is what brings me joy. Maybe now I will use some of the paints I have purchased. This was fun for me to reclaim this painting. Enjoy!!!

1 comment: